Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Two days to go


Two days to go

It is Tues. August 13th. Assuming the weather forecast is accurate we are getting very close to casting off and leaving everything behind for a couple of months. No cars, only us and the boat, not really knowing what is ahead.

I have spent hours checking the thru holes, the bilge pumps, the electronics, the safety equipment, planning for the worst and planning again. It has paid off, because I have found a few things that could have created major problems. I saw a large nut in the bilge almost outta sight, and thought what the heck is that?  Turns out it was one of two nuts holding the starboard prop shaft in place, I think that nut needs to be put back on.  Then the port engine exhaust hose was put on with a couple of makeshift 4 inch clamps put together to make a 8 inch clamp.  I tested it with my hand and it came right off.  I replaced that and I now have lots or extra clamps which are the correct size.

Anyone that thinks you just hop on a boat and start the engine is nuts.

I feel very good about the boat and the comfortableness of this boat. Lori has been doing a great job buying carpet, pillows, towels and returning carpet, pillows and towels, so I think she is about ready as well. She says she is redecorating from outdated floral to the nautical look

We are headed to Leland Harbor on Thursday the 15th. The weather is forecasted to be perfect which means it will probably turn to crap about an hour after we are underway.

I gave Lori some more docking instruction for our next journey which she quickly responded “well you never told me that”!!!    Hey we have only been boating together for about 3 decades, (guess she hasn’t been all that interested before).

 

1 comment:

  1. we both know mom was only paying attention to her nap cycles instead of docking instructions those past 3 decades.....where do you think i get it from?! :)

    ReplyDelete